Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fondant-fetti Birthday Cake!

I made this cake for two good friends celebrating their birthday together! The information I was given is that Elizabeth loved the color pink and Katie loved brown, and they both wanted a chocolate cake. So, this is what I came up with!

I made a chocolate fudge cake with chocolate ganauch filling covered in a chocolate buttercream frosting. Then I made marshmallow fondant decorations, including all the little twisty confetti, which were so fun, in white, brown, and two shades of pink. I put Katie's name on one side of the cake:
But, if you go over the cake...
...you see that Elizabeth's name is on the opposite side.

So fun! I was happy with how it turned out. And, since the birthday girls also happen to be some of my best friends, I got to eat a piece of the cake. Chocolate heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment